Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Sparkly Happy Sunshine vs. The Gloomy Dark Grey Cloud

What do you write about when all of your thoughts seem too personal to share? Admittedly, I’m having a hard time thinking of something entertaining and amusing to write about today. I’m sad, and those of you reading my blog certainly aren’t interested in reading about the things that have made me sad. You have enough of your own sadness. It seems there’s more than enough to go around for everyone. I’m a sunny, spunky, sparkly person trapped in a sad time right now, and I don’t like it. I try to keep busy, think happy thoughts, and keep my situation in perspective. I pray about it, I ignore it, and sometimes I even flip out about it. Still, I’m sad and my little grey cloud doesn’t seem to be going anywhere soon. So today, in an effort to will away my sadness, I’m going to share with you a list of things that make me happy:

God
Family
Friends
Music… all kinds!
Art
Photography
Long walks on the beach… haha just kidding! I couldn’t resist!
Ice Cream… duh!
Escaping into a good book or movie
Adventures
Flowers
Exploring and trying new things
iPhones (It would be a flat out lie if I tried to deny how happy this little tidbit of technology makes me!)
Road trips
Funky shoes & jewelry
Comfy jeans
Flip Flops
Hoodie sweatshirts
Fluffy pillows
Peace
Dreaming
Singing in the car!
Rainy days
Vintage treasures
Giving gifts
Loving others
Spa days… specifically pedicures & massages
Home

The list goes on forever, but the party never ends! Bonus points if you get the musical reference. Anyway, on sad days like today, it’s good to focus on the happy blessings that life has to offer. In the big scheme of things, the happy always outweighs the sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment