Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ashley Aspires: I need to GET A LIFE!

I've spent the last 6 months allowing my universe to revolve around another person. I spent all of my time and energy on said person, and somehow forgot to take care of me. I moved to San Antonio in June 2010, an here we are months later in January 2011. I'm still in the same place I was when I moved here... alone and ridiculously bored. I'm not entirely alone obviously.  I have my family and a few close friends who live in the DFW area, but for all intents and purposes I'm alone. After a long talk with previously mentioned person on Saturday, I decided my universe needed to revolve around me an only me for a while. So Sunday I spent the day crying, wondering if I'd made a mistake, and feeling lousy about life in general. Then, on Monday I woke up, and decided to GET A LIFE! No more dwelling on what might have been. No more feeling sorry for myself... okay well maybe a little of that still. No more feeling stuck. Now would be a good point to mention that I'm not good at doing things alone. Wait, I should qualify that statement. I'm not good at venturing out on my own in a social setting. This may come as a surprise to those that know me, but I need a wing man... at least I prefer one anyway. So, figuring out how to get involved and meet new people on my own presents a challenge. I work alone and I live alone. By the end of the day on Monday I had come up with a solution... take a class... any kind of class... just do something! Yoga seems hard and they're all about being silent and breathing funny so that makes befriending your classmates difficult, and I couldn't find an underwater basket weaving class. Alas, I settled on a series of art/craft classes at a hip little studio on Broadway. I went to bed feeling good about my progress. Tuesday rolled around and I decided to do something else good for myself. I took a walk. It seems so simple, but that walk gave me time to think about my past, my future, my goals, brainstorm, pray, and just enjoy myself. While on my walk, I decided to start a blog... which is why you're reading this nonsense right now. I needed a place to mentally purge, and journals are so 1980. I also decided to stop dreaming about a house and just buy one already! Which brings us to today, Wednesday. I'm meeting with a realtor and a loan officer after work. I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to buy a house, but I owe it to myself to explore the option. Basically, I'm trying really hard to GET A LIFE, and not just any life, but a life that is generally awesome in every sense of the word! It's not going to magically fall into place, I have to work for it. Tomorrow is my first art class, and who knows what Friday will bring. One thing I do know for sure, I aspire to do something meaningful with my life and I'm tired if sitting around waiting and wasting time. I'm going to accept that God put me in San Antonio for a reason, and I'm going to be grateful for all the nifty things this town has to offer. I'm going to get past my fear and experience new adventures. I'm going to meet new people... and force them to read my blog! ;-) I'm going to go out and GET A LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment