Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boredom *INSERT DRAMATIC SIGH* Overwhelms Me!!!

What's a girl to do when the only activity of any interest is dwelling on your own elevated level of boredom?! Last night I did the following: ate dinner, filled out a home loan application, ate a snack, exercised, canceled out the calories I burned by eating another snack, thought about how badly I need to go to the grocery store so that my pantry will be filled with yummy snacks and not weird random snacks that make it clear that I haven't been to the grocery store since they invented sliced bread, watched TV, drank a glass of water all the while wishing it was a delicious diet root beer, checked Facebook, read for a while, played Words with Friends, and finally flopped back on the couch and gazed at the ceiling for, shall we say, an extended period of time.


Ugh. It's been a while since I had to entertain myself night after painfully boring night. You're probably thinking I should get a hobby. Never fear, I do indeed have a hobby... several of them actually. The problem is that all of my hobbies are labor intensive and it's so much easier to just stare at the ceiling hoping that a meteor crashes through my living room window and spices up my night a bit. Boredom forces you to think about unlikely delusional scenarios like that....

No comments:

Post a Comment