Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons… BLOG!

It was recently brought to my attention that I only blog when I’m avoiding other things. While there is some truth to this, it’s not so much that I’m procrastinating… really it’s more that I’m trying to get out of my own head. I’m not avoiding THINGS so much as I’m avoiding THINKING about things that I can’t control and/or don’t understand. It’s like a virtual defense mechanism! Need a break from reality? Blog! So, here I am thinking about ways to not think about what I’m thinking about. Some people journal. Some people drink. Some people cry. Some people talk about it. I blog, avoid, and deny! I may occasionally be guilty of some of the other previously mentioned coping mechanisms as well, but that's not important right now. It’s not that I’m incapable of dealing with reality, I simply understand that very little about my life is actually in my control. Sure I control the day to day stuff, but all the big picture stuff is really up to God. Sometimes it’s not even big picture stuff. Sometimes you get caught up in other people’s decisions and you can’t really change the outcome so why sit around and dwell on it all day? It prolongs all the yucky emotions and gets in the way of the warm fuzzy emotions. I'm a warm fuzzy kind of girl, and I don't like it when the yucky emotions jack with my generally chipper and delightful demeanor. Alas, I’m spending my lunch break blogging about why I blog. It’s a weird world we live in these days. Anyway, here’s what I’m thinking about (while I’m avoiding thinking about other things)… I’m going to write a blog about Lynyrd Skynyrd and the timeless life lessons shared in their songs. It’s true, I think there’s a lot of useful wisdom in their lyrics… think Simple Man. So, that’s what’s on tap for my next blog. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment