Thursday, July 21, 2011

Over Analyzers Anonymous… but not really anonymous since I’m about to out myself…

“After many intense brain things going on inside my head, I have decided*…” that I am Ashley York, and I over analyze things. There ya go, first step out of the way… admitting you have a problem. It’s true, I can spend hours analyzing a single sentence, statement, or look. Part of that is simply because I’m female. Yep, I said it and ladies you know it’s true so don’t act all indignant about it. It’s how we roll and that’s a fact. Honestly, I don’t know how guys survive living on the same planet with us. They say, “Hey, how’s it going?” and we analyze that until it’s all twisted around in our head resulting in something like this, “Hey, I’m not really that into you because I only said how’s it going, not how was your day.” Or, your boss says, “Could you send me a recap of your day?“ and suddenly it becomes “I don’t think you work very hard and you’re really not that smart.“ I make a pretty concentrated effort to avoid this foolish pastime of over analyzing, but obviously I don’t try hard enough. I let this nasty little habit surface in all kinds of conversations… work, personal, insignificant encounters with people I hardly know. It drives me crazy! I. NEED. AN. INTERVENTION. So, now that you know about my “little problem” just tell it like it is… say what you mean and mean what you say. Thank you in advance for understanding and making an effort to meet my needs.

The above noted quote is from the movie Madagascar.  Watch it.  You'll like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment